The sunny skies of West Palm Beach have become a perfect setting for various interactive outdoor activities. The place is also a haven for pristine beaches, local golf courses, and the popular Peanut Island. Not only that, Palm Beach also holds a number of designer boutiques and establishments that boasts exceptional art collections. Boca Raton on the other hand has been the picture of a perfect Mediterranean Revival architecture. Its tropical beaches, miles of hiking paths, and acres of parks has become an all-time favorite of the residents and visitors alike.
These days, Boca Raton and West Palm Beach is home to top-notch golf courses that offers exciting golf vacation packages.
This Roy Case designed course is the only layout that winds through the wetlands and natural preserved areas of Florida. It plays par 72, 6,500 yards through the palm trees, marsh land, southern pines, and breathtaking views. The course also features four sets of tees and excellent practice facilities including the aqua driving range. Palm Beach Gardens Golf Course is all about challenging yet exciting rounds of play.
This facility underwent a renovation in 2004 by the renowned architect Arthur Hills. This strategic layout features the large, fast, undulating greens and the elevation variations. Deer Creek is known for having exceptional course conditions giving the four-hour rounds of exciting golf in the TifEagle greens. Deer Creek Golf Club has been cited as one of the top “best courses” in South Florida.
The Heron bay Golf Club course is home to PGA Tour’s Honda Classic. Voted as one of “America’s Best New Public Golf Courses” by Golf Digest Magazine, Heron Bay’s layout was designed for tough pars as well as easy bogeys. Mark McCumber worked on the 6,700 yards for the blue tees and 7,200 yards for the back tees. In 2007, the facility became the one of Florida’s premier courses open to the public.
PGA National holds five outstanding golf courses designed by renowned golf icons. These layouts have hosted several championships and the prestigious Ryder Cup Matches. This is a “stay and play” package.
- The Champion Course – was designed by Jack Nicklaus and now provides the finest playing surfaces that ranked 68th in America’s Best Golf Resorts by Golfweek. This 7,048 yards par 72 golf play has a USGA rating of 75.2. It has “The Bear Trap” on hole #11 that was considered as one of the most difficult holes on the Senior PGA Tour.
- The Estate Course – is a layout that features a mix of challenging and docile holes designed by Karl Litten. This distinguished classic Florida landscape of lush greens and fairways that winds through the subtropical foliage in the open meadows. This par 72, 6,694 yards of golf play has a slope of 141.
- The Haig Course – is a par 72, 6,806 yards layout designed by George and Tom Fazio. The course has no crossing water hazards and that the 9th and 18th holes return to the Clubhouse area to facilitate the 9-hole play from the 1st and 10th tees.
- The Palmer Course – is an Arnold Palmer design that was last of the other four original courses built at PGA National. The entire layout design was inspired by the Scottish roots with the undulating fairways, links routing, sharing of a common green by Holes 8 and 12, and he numerous grass bunkers.
- The Squire Course – is considered as the shortest and most exacting among the courses built at PGA National Resort & Spa. Tom Fazio designed the course with fairway woods and long irons from many tees. This par 72, 6,465 yards layout is named after Gene Sarazen nicknamed “The Squire”.
The 18-hole course designed by John S. Sanford Jr. features the 7,051 yards of golf for a par 72 from the longest tees. This challenging yet stunning South Florida golf layout has an additional four sets of tee boxes that can accommodate golfers from all skill levels.
The Village Golf Club is located in the heart of Palm Beach County. The layout features 18 challenging holes nestled in the acres of pristine land grassed with Jones Dwarf Bermuda in 2008. It has an additional five sets of tee boxes that range from 5,000 to 6,900 yards. Amenities like the full length driving range, the new 7000 ft putting green, and the short game area with sand bunkers are now offered.
Visit www.golfzoo.com now for further queries, bookings, and reservations.