This tropical paradise has been considered as “America’s Playground” due to its vibrant location and proximity to famous white-sand beaches. Aside from the gated waterfront villages and luxurious homes, world-class golf courses are also booming in the city. Here is a list of some of the famous golf resort destination that offers affordable golf vacation packages.
Unlike any other typical golf courses in Miami, The Senator Golf Course is one of the city’s best championship layouts. This Bill Watts original design was updated by Kipp Schulties in the 1990s. The layout is now known for its classic design as well as the lush tropical landscape. The course is located just minutes from the airport.
There are 5 accessible courses for this stay and play golf vacation package.
- The Blue Monster Course – Designed by Dick Wilson, the Blue Monster Course has existed for almost 50 years now and has hosted PGA Tour events for 45 years already. The signature fountain in its famous 18th hole was ranked among the Top 100 holes in the World.
- The Gold Course – The Gold Course was designed by the famous Raymond Floyd which followed a traditional layout. The 16 holes are surrounded with strategic bunkering, gently contoured greens, and the tree-lined fairways.
- The Great White Course – This 7,171 yards layout by Greg Norman gives every golfer a unique “desert” golf experience in the Southeastern United States. The fairways are bordered with palm trees and the Bermuda grass with the Scottish-style bunkers.
- The Red Course – The Red Course features the 14 water holes and the fairways that winds around several lakes. It has two island greens at No.6 and No. 14 putting to test the golf players having various skills.
- The Jim McLean Signature Course – The Jim McLean Signature Course is now considered as one of Doral’s premier courses. It includes an array of challenges including the “Bermuda Triangle” of the 13th until the 15th holes. The novices and champions can fully take the challenges of this phenomenal par 3’s layout.
This championship golf resort holds two of the well redesigned layouts by Raymond Floyd. This legendary golf destination is set on the tropical acres inspired with the Mediterranean style. The Soffer and Miller layouts offer a combined 36 holes challenging every golfer’s skill level. The resort hosted the 2008 Stanford International Pro Am golf event.
Crandon Golf at key Biscayne is now considered as America’s top 18-hole public championship course. This challenging par-72 layout features the seven saltwater lakes, mangrove thickets, sand traps, and the holes that overlook the Biscayne Bay. The course was also recognized as one of America’s top 75 upscale courses by the Golf Digest. It has also hosted several PGA tour events.
This old course was originally known as the Bayshore Golf Course that opened in 1923. After how many decades, the Miami Beach Golf Club came out in 2002. This 18-hole facility features the 6,903 yards of golf for a par of 72. The course was designed by Bruce Devlin, Robert Von Hagge, Athur Hills, and Steven Forrest. The course has a slope rating of 127.
Miami is known for affordable golf vacation destinations and so Miami Shores Country Club offers a magnificent layout at a very affordable price. The 18-hole course also features the longest par of 71 in 6,373 yards of golf. It is also the home of an array of sub-tropical wildlife as well as the lush vegetation. The slope rating is 122 on Bermuda grass.
Normandy Shores Golf Course is designed by William S. Flynn and Howard Toomey and was opened way back in the 1930s. This par 71, 6,402 yards course has a slope of 120 from the back tees and par 73, 5,527 yards with a slope of 119 from the front tees. Challenges are suited for twilight plays as well as for the juniors.
For queries and reservations visit www.golfzoo.com now!